页面

2011/02/21

How do I remove this anti virus thing from my computer?

I didnt download it, it just appeared one day and now I cant use the internet b/c of this its saying I hv alrot of viruss so I bought this anti virus thing called kaspersky, but nothing is happening what should I do?????? Im on my phone btw! :) please help me.

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters:
I think I know what youre talking about. I had the exact same problem just a few days ago. It turns out that I actually had a virus that mimicked anti-virus software. Heres what I did and it seemed to work.

Turn off your computer and then restart it in safe mode (press the F8 key repeatedly as your computer boots up)
Then while in safe mode, do a system restore to a date before you started having this issue. It might take awhile.
Restart the computer again.

Other Answers:
1) if you are using windows 2000 or greater you can roll back your computer to an earlier date.
if this does not work then do #2

2) its kind of complicated to do but what you have is called a hijaker.
it hijacks your opening web page
there is a program called hijack this, and it shows exactly what is running that is not shown via task manager. You may have to have a geek friend do it for you.

then download a different browser.
i use mozilla firefox
it is written differently than window ie and since most viruses are coded for windows they dont work most of the time.
also i run a program called spywareblaster on boot up it protects from a lot of viruses you can get via the internet.|||Well, the first one is actually a virus itself. Your computer is infected by virus, and this virus pretends to be an anti virus software that will keep telling you that you are infected. As a virus itself, it mess with your computer. Some may even ask you to pay to have the virus removed

I hope you did not pay them!

That Kaspersky you bought is on a CD right? Well, for it to work, you need to update it, which obviously you cant right now.

The best solution is this:
Click on Start, and search in your list of programs for a folder call System tools or something like that. What you are looking for is a tool call System Restore.

If you have system restore on, you can choose to restore your computer to previous day before you got infected. You will be presented with a calendar with points where you can revert your computer to. Pick 3 days before you got infected, or even a week. Let it restore back to then. Hopefully this solve it

If it doesnt, or somehow you are unable to do a system restore, you will have to reinstall Windows. Get someone to help you out if you are unable to install Windows yourself.

Once everything is clean, install that Kaspersky you bought and update it. It should help you prevent future virus attack..|||Throw it in the trash, and buy an Apple mac.

Apple mac user since I was 15 (almost 10 years), and Ive never gotten a single virus, malware, trojan, or a system crash. And Apples dont need any sort of anti-virus software at all.|||you have a rouge virus, that happend to me download anti malware bytes. If you cant get the internet then download it on to another laptop and save it on to a pen drive. Then use it on your laptop.|||buy win 7, make sure its an installation cd.
reformat the HD

it sounds like you were scammed.|||That first one is a virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment