页面

2011/02/07

Countries to volunteer in?

I am interested in volunteering in a different country later this year. My questions are:
Where would be a great culturally enticing place and also does anyone know of any oragnizations or groups that travel to different countries within one trip. I would really like to go to different places while doing it.

Additional Details
uhh i dont think these programs are "gay". I think being able to learn new and different cultures is awesome and selfless to think outside your self and experience different ways of living other than what you are use to. And i know i have to pay, and im paying for it myslef thankyou

Best Answer Chosen Voters
Nepal is a country that has great need, but it is *not* the poorest country in the world. Which actually makes it a safer place to go than, say, Afghanistan or Congo, which seem to be in a perpetual race at the bottom re: human development factors (see the UNDP Human development report for more info).

Here is a page that discusses your option for volunteering abroad:

http://www.coyotecommunications.com/volu…

67% 2 Votes

Other Answers (4)
Hey there…well I volunteered in India last year which was an amazing experience. You have the right spirit to want to help others outside yourself and to totally immerse yourself in another culture. For me, being from New York…India was quite possibly the most interesting and culturally rich place that I have ever been to. Everything from the food, the colors, the clothing, the crazy sounds, the warm hospitality of the people, the films, the music, the temples, beaches, mountains, night clubs….everything was like a whole other planet. I could not praise my experience enough and am actually planning on going back in April. The organization i went through is called Leave UR Mark and it was started former volunteers and backpackers who got sick of these big companies ripping volunteers off with their outrageous fees. The country directors are the most down to earth and friendly people I have ever met and the other volunteers I lived with….I consider them my lifelong friends. So Id recommend them for a totally authentic, noncommercial, and spontaneous experience. Have fun!!!! http://www.leaveurmark.com

http://www.leaveurmark.com

33% 1 Vote

Youll end up paying to go there.

If you actually want to help someone, stay where you are and volunteer. Otherwise, Im sure mommy and daddy will happily pay to send you somewhere to be ba sat and "volunteer" for some gay program for overprivileged children

0% 0 Votes

Napal is a small and poorest country of the world, Some volunteer need to nepal for all survice area.

0% 0 Votes

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for asking this question! As a previous volunteer myself, there are a huge host of countries that can provide you with a worthwhile and enriching experience, depending on the type of project that you wanted to work on. As I was involved in dance training and wanted to volunteer with children (plus I have a little bit of a family connection to the Philippines) I chose to volunteer for 5 weeks in the Philippines. I lived with a local family, worked with the locals and met some incredible people and volunteers along the way. I learned a lot about myself and the culture within which I was working, living and travelling, and I found it so enriching that I am now back working for our Kaya office in the Philippines!

What can be one persons haven may not be another, so you really need to have a think about a couple of things. Firstly, establish the type of project that you would like to work on, or outline your interests as to what makes you tick, and how you want to give back to a particular community. Then have a think about an area of the world that interests you. My mother lived in the Philippines when she was really young, so when I was faced with the daunting task of finding the right country and project, the Philippines stood out because of this.

Of course you dont have to make this decision yourself. There are a huge number of volunteering organisations out there some good, and some not so good, so make sure you do thorough research on the company and the project before you commit to anything. You are more then welcome to give us an email here at Kaya each one of our representatives have had different and unique experiences volunteering, so can each offer you a different insight into the world of volunteering. If you arent sure where to start, building up a relationship with a placement advisor will really help to build your confidence in the organisation, and will also help them to help you understand what you want out of the trip.

Personally, if you want a very different experience, have a look at countries like the Philippines, Bolivia or Ecuador countries slightly more unusual where you also get the opportunity to stay with a local family, making the experience all the more real and worthwhile.

If you want to chat through anything further with us at Kaya, I would welcome your email, so please feel free to drop us a line at info@kayavolunteer.com or visit the website: http://www.KayaVolunteer.com

I wish you all the best in your future ventures, and do hope to speak to you again soon.

Best wishes,

The Kaya Team

No comments:

Post a Comment